Dr. Schmeck completed a certified Naturopathic medical residency in Billings, MT with a primary focus in Naturopathic oncology, physical/sports medicine and integrative family medicine. She provided integrative oncology care to cancer patients at the St. Vincent Frontier Cancer Center in Billings and taught cancer survivorship and weekly lifestyle improvement classes for patients and their families.
She was also a participating physician in the Paul Gardner Pain Relief Foundation, which provides alternative natural treatments for veterans suffering with pain. Restoring veterans to health and being their healthcare advocate is especially fulfilling and inspiring for Dr. Schmeck.
Currently, Dr. Schmeck is completing a specialty personal training certification to become a cancer exercise specialist. She strongly believes that focusing on the whole person, in all its dimensions, rather than treating individual symptoms, is the foundation of all good health and healing. By incorporating proper nutrition and exercise prescription and instruction into her individualized treatments, Dr. Schmeck empowers her patients to improve their overall quality of life. She thoroughly enjoys helping her patients recognize their body’s wonderful and innate ability to heal itself.
There are many dimensions to Dr. Schmeck, and her personal health challenges add meaning and significance to her work, as well as her pastimes. When she is not treating her patients or personal training, Dr. Schmeck enjoys hiking, hunting, photographing nature, dancing and pursuing her personal fitness goals.
- Council on Naturopathic Medical Education Residency, Yellowstone Naturopathic Clinic, Billings, MT
- Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine- University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine, Bridgeport, CT
- Masters of Nutrition- University of Bridgeport Nutrition Institute, Bridgeport, CT
- Bachelor’s Degree- Alvernia University, Reading, PA
- Licensed Primary Care Naturopathic Physician- Montana Alternative Healthcare Board
- Certified Personal Trainer- National Academy of Sports Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Advanced Specializations: Cardiorespiratory Conditioning for Sports Performance
- Women’s Fitness Specialist
- Behavior Change Specialist
- Cardiovascular Conditioning for Fitness